Updated: Jul 3
Summer 2020 is officially here. Zoom school is over (for now) and we are all still pivoting our plans. While many places are opening up in Phase 1 and 2, some are liking the idea of taking a vacation this summer. Renting a vacation house for the summer can provide a great alternative to hotels in terms of social distancing. Check out this week's blog for ideas of where to go, and be sure to check out additional ideas from last week's blog here.
MORE IDEAS OF WHERE TO GO:
CAPE COD, MA
Bethany / Rehoboth Beach, DE
Cape May, NJ
Beach Haven, LBI, NJ
There are so many options to enjoy! From all the ski towns to choose from, here are just a few:
VACATION RENTAL TIPS AND TRICKS:
**A good idea is to always try and rent from a local realtor that knows the area very well. For recommendations for local realtors you can check with the local chamber of commerce or check out Realtor.com** (as seen on Afar.com)
Best Vacation Sites to Choose From:
Rental Search Engines:
Tips & Tricks:
1. Know before you go. Check state CDC guidelines for COVID-19 regulations and quarantine measures.
2. Double check cancellation policy.
3. Contact the host with any questions. Is the AC working? Is the pool working? Make sure to ask for any and ALL updates on the house. This may seem like a no brainer, but you never know!
4. Check the actual Address. Check a map app or real estate site for the exact address of the house. Since not all properties include the actual address, ask for it and map out the location. Make sure “just minutes” from the beach is exactly that! And while you are looking up the house on Realtor.com, (or other real estate sites) zoom in on the property, then switch to satellite view to see another photo and details of the property.
5. Review the property as soon as you arrive–let the realtor or owner know of any damages or questions upon arriving; take photos.
6. Make SURE the host is willing to give you their cell phone number for your stay for questions/emergencies.